I signed up as an Alibaba “Trust Pass” member back in 2013. I am still a proud Gold member and I’m very happy that I made a correct decision in joining Alibaba.com.
This year marks my 4th anniversary as an Alibaba.com Gold Supplier, and I can’t imagine running my business without it. Since leaving my previous career to start my own business, I’ve capitalized on a lot of opportunities and leads generated on Alibaba.com. In fact I have had enough business in the past 3 years since becoming a Gold Supplier that I am now fully devoted to growing my business, with Alibaba.com serving as my main sales & marketing channel.
Year-after-year my business has grown, with average order value around 4000€ and rising, and my largest order to date surpassed 20,000€.
Here are some tips for entrepreneurs interested in international trade on Alibaba.com:
1. Provide new customers with references or a list of companies that have been working with in order to increase their confidence in you for pre-payment.
2. Post as many products as possible in order to maximize your company’s exposure.
3. Update your product listings regularly in order to improve product ranking. For this purpose use “Alibaba Improving Tools for Listings”.
4. Keep track of what your competitors are doing with their product postings .
5. keep updating your list of keywords by monitoring the hot keyword research tool.
6. Always reply to inquiries through the message center as it will improve your response rate.
7. Invite customers to your private showcase in order to strengthen their confidence in your company.
8. Connect with buyers through Alibaba’s instant messenger “TradeManager”.