Why Source from India?
India is one of Asia's key destinations for manufacturing, with a vast agricultural land, abundant natural resources. India also has a burgeoning pool of skilled talent, a thriving economy and policies favoring Small to Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs).
India houses around a million registered exporting companies, of which around 40 million are SMEs. The country is a large manufacturing hub for products that fall into around 4,000 categories, including, but not limited to, Textiles, Apparel, Agriculture, Food and Beverage, Jewelry, Chemicals Machinery and IT services.
With over 65 "cluster cities" specializing in manufacturing specific products, along with its wholesale supply chain, India is a major player on the worldwide sourcing map.
The jewelry industry thrives in India, with the country being one of the largest consumers of gold and diamond products. Surat, a city in Gujarat, is a major processing hub for diamonds, where 80% of the world's diamonds are cut and processed.
The UAE, Americas and Europe are key exporting destinations of Indian goods; while the majority of its imports are from China, the US, the UAE and Indonesia.
Why India can be a key trade partner for worldwide buyers?
- Availability of a variety of materials, good and commodities across 4,000 categories
- Low labor costs and a very large pool of young talent
- A well-established legal and dispute resolution system
- Access to global financial institutions and adoption of worldwide financial standards
- Relaxed government regulations for certain industries & in trade zones
- English-speaking workforce
- Competitive local logistics networks and a large number of efficient airports, seaports and inland ports.
Sourcing Extravangza with Indian Suppliers on Alibaba.com
Gain first-hand information on quality suppliers and products across industries (agriculture & food, apparel, construction, home & garden, health & beauty, jewelry, machinery) on the Alibaba's online sourcing month for India products. Learn more at: http://activities.alibaba.com/alibaba/india_main0126.php
Business Guide to India
India offers top quality products at competitive prices and with certain trade benefits while working within trade zones, such as Special Economic Zones (SEZs) and Cluster cities.
Visakhapatnam, Kandla, Chennai, Mumbai, Paradip, Mormugao, Kolkata, Mangalore, Tuticorin, Kochi, Ennore and Kollam (Quilon) are key Indian seaports which engage in the import and export of goods worldwide.
There are also more than 150 inland ports located across all the major manufacturing destinations in India, offering you direct trade benefits right from the factories. For better trade benefits, both for sourcing and selling, India also has around 60 Cluster cities developed for certain product categories.
While trading to and from India, you can always explore few things, such as:
1. Trade benefits linked with Cluster cities, SEZs and special trade industry sectors
- Special goods which fall under key Indian trade categories, such as Chemicals, Textiles and Agricultural products.
- Some of the companies in the SEZs can import goods with very low or no import duties (or have greater exemptions).
- Duty exemptions while working with industries in SEZs and Clusters.
2. Local services
Apart from well-established international trade services, India also has locally established experts helping you to trade safely and offering you various services. Some of the services are listed here:
- Supplier selection, sample sourcing
- Business credit check services
- Factory inspection services
- Production quality control
- Packaging and shipping inspection
- Freight forwarding
- Bank processing of trade finances and buyer credit checks for LC, BGs or Escrow
3. Key Trade Hubs
Checkout the Key Trade Hubs to find products and the major production Clusters cities for them in India. http://india.alibaba.com/