by Tekle Sebhatu
Hi, could you tell me how to get into freight forwarding? What criteria or qualifications do I need to do this? Thanks.
A freight forwarder is an agent who handles export shipments for a fee. Freight forwarders play a very important role for exporters. Here are few of the many activities that you will conduct as a freight forwarder:
- International documentation and packaging
- Carrier and routing information
- Export license assistance
- Marine insurance rates and coverage
- Warehouse and distribution services
- Hazardous materials shipping compliance information
You should check with your local government authorities on what is required to be a freight forwarder in your country.