Customers will have access to all of the features that originally pushed the app to No. 1 among iPhone apps in the Lifestyle category, along with a slew of updates.
Pittsburgh, Sept. 5, 2014 – To further improve the consumer experience on both mobile and in-store for its customers, DICK’S Sporting Goods (NYSE: DKS), the largest U.S. based full-line sporting goods retailer, announced that it has launched an extensive update of the DICK’S Sporting Goods Mobile App for iPhone® and Android™ smartphones. With the updated app, users will still have access to all of the features that originally pushed the app to number one amongst iPhone apps in the Lifestyle category, along with a slew of updates.
With the DICK’S Sporting Goods Mobile App, users have access to the benefits of the ScoreCard® Rewards Program, the ability to locate DICK’S stores in the area or make purchases directly from the app. They will also be able to better engage with the DICK’S Sporting Goods brand on social media, and pull up special functions in-store, amongst other features. The app is available for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod Touch as well as from Google Play or for both platforms by visiting dickssportinggoods/app.
The DICK’S Sporting Goods Mobile App empowers users with a wide array of tools and features including:
- Seamless integration with the ScoreCard Rewards Program – including the ability to create an account, track points, access Rewards Certificates and make ScoreCard Rewards purchases; customers with the app have no need to carry their physical ScoreCard Rewards Card or print Rewards Certificates to redeem them
- Quick and easy “Find a Store” tool to help users locate a DICK’S Sporting Goods store in their area
- Full access to shop the extensive lineup of products and make purchases directly from the app
- Ability to receive personalized coupons and offers, as well as the latest news on products, offers, and official launches
- Built-in barcode scanner functionality, allowing shoppers to scan product and marketing QR codes in-store and access information including product description, news, price and user reviews
- Stay connected with DICK’S Sporting Goods through a variety of social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Wanelo and Foursquare
“We want to provide a best-in-class shopping experience for all of our customers, whether they’re visiting a physical DICK’S Sporting Goods store or if they’re shopping for products online,” said Lauren Hobart, DICK’S Sporting Goods Chief Marketing Officer. “Just as we’re continually evolving and improving our in-store experience, we’ve enhanced our mobile offering to make the app as immersive as possible, whether you’re using it in the store or at home.”
About Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc.
Founded in 1948, DICK'S Sporting Goods, Inc. is a leading omni-channel sporting goods retailer offering an extensive assortment of authentic, high-quality sports equipment, apparel, footwear and accessories. As of August 2, 2014, the Company operated more than 574 DICK'S Sporting Goods locations, serving and inspiring athletes and outdoor enthusiasts to achieve their personal best through a blend of dedicated associates, in-store services and unique specialty shop-in-shops. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, DICK'S also owns and operates Golf Galaxy, Field & Stream and True Runner specialty stores. For more information, visit the Press Room at www.DICKS.com.
Contact: DICK’S Sporting Goods