Web sales in the Americas region grew 12.8% while the Asia-Pacific region’s web sales grew 21.1%.
Worldwide web sales for Crocs Inc., the shoe brand that is No 219 in the Internet Retailer Top 500, grew 9.3% to $25.604 million from $23.435 million in Q3 2013. The Americas region was especially strong with 12.8% web sales growth to $12.657 million from $11.221 million.
During the quarter, web sales in the Asia-Pacific region increased while web sales in Europe decreased. “"From a channel perspective, global wholesale revenue climbed 8% and global Internet revenue rose 9%, with very strong Internet sales results in the Americas,” says Crocs president Andrew Rees. “We continue to work to improve performance in our global retail channel, where revenue rose about 1% in the quarter but same-store sales were down 4.5%.”
Crocs also reported for the third quarter ended Sept. 30:
- A 21.1% year-over-year increase in web sales in its Asia-Pacific region to $3.231 million from $2.669 million
- A 0.5% drop in web sales in Europe to $ 7.460 million from $7.494 million
- A 10.0% increase in web sales in Japan to $2.256 million from $2.051 million
- Wholesale sales in the Americas rose 17.6% to $53.097 million from $45.134 million
- Total worldwide wholesale sales increased 7.7% to $151.195 million from $140.389 million
- Total combined retail and wholesale revenue increased 4.8% to $302.401 million from $288.524 million
For the nine months ended Sept. 30, Crocs reported:
- A drop of 2.6% in web sales in the Americas region to $38.252 million from $39.267 million
- Total web sales of $76.268 accounted for 22.5% of total retail sales of $338.380 million; a year earlier, the web accounted for 18.4% of total sales.
- A 33.3% rise in web sales in Asia Pacific to $10.070 million from $7.553 million
- A 3.1% rise in web sales in Europe to $21.647 million from $20.996 million
- An increase of 3.7% in web sales in Japan to $6.299 million from $6.074 million
- Total retail sales, including stores and kiosks, increased 3.1% to $338.380 million from $328.080 million
- Wholesale sales in the Americas decreased 3.5% to $188.987 million from $195.827 million
- Total worldwide wholesale sales rose 2.7% to $577.102 million from $562.037 million
- Total combined retail and wholesale revenue rose 2.9% to $991.750 million from $964.007 million