Exclusive to CSIC! This video covers the following:
China Sourcing – Evaluating Prospective Suppliers on the Show Floor – The Do’s and Don’ts by Charles Kirmuss
CSIC volunteers Charles Kirmuss and Professor Neale O’Connor were recently in Hong Kong to host a seminar on China sourcing at the Global Sources trade show in April 2014 where they answered many important questions to the audience.
- Tips for a smooth sourcing by Professor O’Connor based on his interviews with 1000 suppliers.
- Audience Q&A with Charles and Professor O’Connor.
With a multitude of similar product manufacturers eager for your business, finding the right supplier at the Global Sources show – one that meets your requirements as a partner – is the single most important step in determining your project’s success or failure. Sourcing veteran Charles Kirmuss will cut to the chase and explain how to efficiently identify a shortlist of qualified suppliers for your particular needs. The highlights of this video include:
- So many exhibitors and factories; how do I find the right one for me
- Determining who is the real manufacturer
- Am I large enough to go factory direct; are there options for me
- Making a questionnaire to evaluate potential manufacturers in China
- The interview process on the show floor
- Evaluating the results
- The all-important factory visit after the show
- Setting up your first purchase orders and payments tied to delivery and performance
Not only is this is a must-attend event for new buyers, but even experienced sourcing professionals can learn a few more tricks of the trade in China.