Over the past couple of months, I have written a guide for companies that import from China.
It is delivered in 15 emails, as below:
- Sourcing: Go on Your Own, or Use an Agent
- Sourcing: how to Identify Potential Suppliers
- Sourcing: how to Verify a Manufacturer
- Sourcing: Second Choices vs. “Never Again” Choices
- Negotiation: the Terms you Need to Discuss
- Negotiation: Keep some Leverage with the Supplier
- Pre-Production: Describing what you Want
- Communication: How to Manage Your Orders in China
- Quality Control: Check Quality Early in the Manufacturing Cycle
- Quality Control: Always Verify Quality Before Shipment
- Communication: Build Good Rapport with Suppliers
- Strategy: What Kind of Buyer Are You
- Longer Term: The 5 Steps to Develop a Supplier
- Longer Term: How Lean Manufacturing Helps a Factory Improve Quality
- Longer Term: How Lean Manufacturing Helps a Factory Improve Productivity
It’s not only the basics. There is also quite a lot of material for “advanced” buyers.
Sign up here and get these emails!
by Renaud Anjoran on 8 November 2013