* Jun 30 - The Singapore government will take over development of its first $1 billion liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal from a consortium to avoid more delays, and will defer its completion by a year to 2013. [ID:nLU779428]
* May 22 - Jurong Aromatics Corp (JAC) said it has delayed the start-up of its $2.4 billion aromatics project in Singapore until early 2013 from 2011, as it struggles to obtain funding in the current credit crunch. [ID:nSP477329]
* May 12 - SP Chemicals, which makes chemicals in China, has scrapped a $1.5 billion naphtha cracker project in Vietnam due to poor economic conditions and as it aims to lean on growing Chinese petrochemical feedstock supply. [ID:nSP444323]
* April 13 - Saudi Aramco defers plans to expand capacity at its Ras Tanura refinery. [ID:nLD657309]
* March 24 - Qatar delays plans to build the 250,000 bpd Shaheen refinery by one year. [ID:nLO329588]
* March 20 - Kuwait said it scrapped a tender to build a $15 billion refinery project, the second multibillion-dollar major deal to be cancelled in three months after facing opposition in parliament. [ID:nN20516815]
The Forcados Yokri and Bonga North West projects in Nigeria which were due to come onstream sometime during 2010 or 2011 will now come onstream in 2012 or later. Bonga North West is being re-tendered.
The Motiva Port Arthur refinery expansion is now expected to be completed in 2012 or later, rather than 2010 as earlier planned.
The Pearl GTL plant in Qatar could also be delayed. Shell said it was expected onstream "at the very end of 2010 or early 2011" rather than late 2010 as earlier targeted.
* Feb 3 - Marathon said it would delay the completion of a 15,000 barrel per day expansion at its Detroit refinery to mid-2012 in an effort to cut spending. The project had been scheduled for completion in late 2010. [ID:nN03505778]
* Jan 28 - ConocoPhillips said it would defer refinery upgrade projects at two of its plants to reduce capital spending, but did not identify which projects.
* Jan 27 - Leading U.S. refiner Valero Energy Corp <VLO.N> said it was cutting capital spending in 2009 by $800 million by delaying construction of a diesel hydrotreater and aromatics unit at its Norco refinery in Louisiana and the upgrade of an FCC at its Memphis refinery in Tennessee. [ID:nN27455546]
* Jan 22 - Peru's state-owned energy company Petroperu S.A. has placed under review a $1 billion plan to modernize its Talara refinery because of low crude oil prices, Peru's mining and energy minister said.
* Jan 20 - Suncor Energy Inc <SU.TO>, Canada's No. 2 oil sands producer, halts construction of its C$20.6 billion oil sands expansion called Voyageur, including the planned upgrader and new stages of its steam-assisted production operation known as Firebag.
* Jan 19 - The $2.2 billion Al Dur power and water project in Bahrain is delayed. The Al Dur project is 50 percent owned by the Gulf Investment Corp, with France's GDF Suez <GSZ.PA> owning the other 50 percent.
* Jan 17 - Canada's Enbridge Inc <ENF_u.TO> shelves plans for a C$346 million ($277 million) pipeline reversal that would have shipped 170,000 barrels per day of oil sands crude from Sarnia, Ontario, to a tanker port in the state of Maine, supplying refineries in Montreal en route and replacing the imported oil the line now carries.
* Jan 9 - Suncor delays a C$120 million expansion of its St. Clair ethanol plant at Sarnia, Ontario, scheduling completion for 2011 instead of late 2009.
* Jan 5 - North Sea gas pipeline operator Gassco says the 10 billion crown Skanled gas pipeline project to Scandinavia could be delayed from its planned 2012 launch, partly due to worries over investment plans by British chemicals group Ineos, a key client.