Global Biz Circle Apr 6, 2014
As you already know, Alibaba.com is a great resource for small business owners who want to find or create specific products for their businesses at a great price. What you may not know is how to take full advantage of all the features that the website has to offer. Below we have assembled some tips that should help you maximize results and minimize your effort. Happy sourcing!
- When searching Alibaba.com, try filtering by country, business type, and export experience to reduce the number of suppliers in your results.
- To maximize search results, use fewer keywords and avoid using specific country names and the words buyer or seller in your searches.
- Still can’t find what you are looking for Post a buying request to tell suppliers what you want, allowing them to come to you!
- When you find a supplier and want to qualify them, click on their page to learn the following information: factory size, manufacturing capacity, years in business, employee count.
- A Gold Supplier has been screened by a third party company to verify at least a current phone number, address, main point of contact and business registration.
- If you see a video on a Gold Suppliers page, it was likely produced by Alibaba.com staff, not the supplier themselves.
- If you are still not sure if you want to use a certain supplier, request customer referrals, preferably ones who are located in the same country as you, to draw from other’s experiences.
- You can post a message in the Verify a Company section of the Community Forums asking for supplier information and weigh the feedback.
- To write one email to several suppliers, click the check box next to each suppliers name in your search results and click Contact Now.
- It may take up to a few days to receive responses to your requests. Look in your Message Center in My Alibaba.
- My Recent History helps you keep track of products, companies and/or keywords you’ve recently viewed.
With these tips under your belt you should be well on your way to sourcing success!
The article is sourced from Global Biz Circle at: http://globalbizcircle.com/tips-sourcing-success/